- Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 3 pm
- Century II's Mary Jane Teall Theater
Starring Compañia Flamenca Eduardo Guerrero
WGO’s 2018-19 Season opens with Compañia Flamenca Eduardo Guerrero, direct from Cadiz, Spain, presenting “Flamenco Pasión,” a program specifically crafted for North American audiences. Eduardo Guerrero, the critically-acclaimed flamenco dancer and choreographer, uses his eclectic style, combining classical and contemporary Spanish dance, ballet, and contortion, to express the depth of passion and skill exhibited in the many styles of this beloved, Spanish art form.
Dance Magazine has named Eduardo Guerrero one of their “25 to Watch in 2018”, calling him “flamenco in its richest current incarnation,” and raving about his “astonishing endurance” and “breathtaking array of movement that often pushes him to the perilous limits of human motion.” In 2017, one of his programs earned the Audience Award at the world-renowned Jerez Flamenco Festival, and other career highlights include performances at the Guggenheim Museum in New York, Madrid Fashion Week 2016, and the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow.
What to Expect
Let Us Help You Plan Your Opera Visit
Whether this is your first visit to Wichita Grand Opera or you’re a regular patron, we have all the information you need to plan your evening.
Before the Opera
Where to Stay
If you are visiting Wichita from out of town, we suggest staying at one of these recommended hotels.
Clarion Inn Wichita Airport
- 5500 W Kellogg Dr,
Wichita, KS 67209 get directions
Where to Eat
Downtown Wichita and the nearby Delano District provide many dining options to enhance your opera experience. Concessions are also available at the opera.
Except as noted, Wichita Grand Opera performs in the Century II Performing Arts Center in downtown Wichita.
Century II Performing Arts Center
225 W. Douglas Ave. Wichita, KS 67202
Seating (Including for Disabled Patrons)
To comply with ADA requirements, the following seats are reserved for our handicapped patrons:
On House Right, Seating is available at:
- Row M, Seats 123 & 124 (Best seating – $85 per seat)
- Row S, Seats 124 & 125 (Better seating – $58 per seat)
- Row KK, Seats 101-106 (Better seating $58 per seat) – Promenade Box
- Row LL, Seats 107-112 (Good seating, $37 per seat) – Promenade Box
On House Left, Seating is available at:
- Row M, Seats 22 & 23 (Best Seating – $85 per seat)
- Row S, Seats 24 & 25 (Better seating – $58 per seat)
- Row KK, Seats 1-6 (Better seating – $58 per seat) – Promenade Box
- Row LL, Seats 7-12 (Good seating, $37 per seat) – Promenade Box
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Will I be able to understand what is being sung? Q: Will I be able to understand what is being sung?
- Q: What if I arrive late?Q: What if I arrive late?
- Q: Does Wichita Grand Opera offer refunds?Q: Does Wichita Grand Opera offer refunds?
- Q: What if I lose my ticket?Q: What if I lose my ticket?
- Q: If I don’t want my tickets mailed out, what are my options?Q: If I don’t want my tickets mailed out, what are my options?