Home for Christmas
- Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 7 pm
- Century II Concert Hall
Starring Chris Mann in Part Two
A Gala Christmas Production
Wichita native Chris Mann– who rose to fame as Christina Aguilera’s finalist on NBC’s The Voice and just completed a 700+ performance national tour as Andrew Lloyd Webber’s personal choice to don the iconic mask of the title role in “The Phantom of the Opera”– comes back to Wichita a second time following last year’s wildly popular Christmas gala.
This year’s production will reunite Chris with internationally-renowned conductor Steven Mercurio in another great evening of holiday classics, pop tunes, and more. Maestro Mercurio has conducted for artists such as The Three Tenors, Luciano Pavarotti, Placido Domingo, Sting and the Royal Philharmonic, Andrea Bocelli, and many of David Foster’s Christmas specials. Also taking the stage will be gifted sopranos Janie Brokenicky and Claire Gerig.
What to Expect
Let Us Help You Plan Your Opera Visit
Whether this is your first visit to Wichita Grand Opera or you’re a regular patron, we have all the information you need to plan your evening.
Before the Opera
Where to Stay
If you are visiting Wichita from out of town, we suggest staying at one of these recommended hotels.
Clarion Inn Wichita Airport
- 5500 W Kellogg Dr,
Wichita, KS 67209 get directions
Where to Eat
Downtown Wichita and the nearby Delano District provide many dining options to enhance your opera experience. Concessions are also available at the opera.
Except as noted, Wichita Grand Opera performs in the Century II Performing Arts Center in downtown Wichita.
Century II Performing Arts Center
225 W. Douglas Ave. Wichita, KS 67202
Seating (Including for Disabled Patrons)
To comply with ADA requirements, the following seats are reserved for our handicapped patrons:
On House Right, Seating is available at:
- Row M, Seats 123 & 124 (Best seating – $85 per seat)
- Row S, Seats 124 & 125 (Better seating – $58 per seat)
- Row KK, Seats 101-106 (Better seating $58 per seat) – Promenade Box
- Row LL, Seats 107-112 (Good seating, $37 per seat) – Promenade Box
On House Left, Seating is available at:
- Row M, Seats 22 & 23 (Best Seating – $85 per seat)
- Row S, Seats 24 & 25 (Better seating – $58 per seat)
- Row KK, Seats 1-6 (Better seating – $58 per seat) – Promenade Box
- Row LL, Seats 7-12 (Good seating, $37 per seat) – Promenade Box
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Will I be able to understand what is being sung?
A: All Wichita Grand Opera productions incorporate English translations projected above the stage.
- Q: What if I arrive late?
A: Latecomers and those who exit the theater during the performance will not be admitted until the next appropriate applause break.
- Q: Does Wichita Grand Opera offer refunds?
A: Only season ticket subscribers are permitted to exchange or upgrade their tickets.
- Q: What if I lose my ticket?
A: Contact the Box Office at (316) 262-8054. Replacements will be waiting for you at the Century II Box Office.
- Q: If I don’t want my tickets mailed out, what are my options?
A: Tickets can be sent to you via mail or can be picked up at the Century II Box Office. On performance evenings, your tickets may be picked up at the will-call window before the performance.