We Invite You to Get Involved
Wichita Grand Opera encourages interested community members and prospective artists to get involved with our organization in the way that best suits your interests and abilities. Find out more about options below.
Volunteer Through the Opera Guild
“Each is necessary to make it stand...”“An opera company is like a three-legged stool. It rests upon three important foundations: its staff, its board of trustees, and its volunteers. Without any of the three it would fall down. Each is necessary to make it stand.”Glynn Ross General Director, Arizona Opera
The Opera Guild is your way to get involved and help us with your time and effort. The Opera Guild was established in 2002 as an auxiliary organization of Wichita Grand Opera to provide support through volunteer efforts. Guild members have a wide variety of experiences from which to choose:
- Assisting in the administration offices.
- Assisting in the Box Office prior to performances.
- Assisting backstage in hospitality and wardrobe during performances.
- Welcoming guest artists to Wichita and providing transportation for them.
- Assisting with hospitality meals for the cast and production crew.
- Assisting with social events, soirees, and recitals.
- Helping with educational outreach performances.
- Planning special fundraising projects.
- Selling merchandise at Wichita Grand Opera performances.
- Serving as an officer on the Opera Guild Board of Directors.
Join the Avanti Associata (for the Medical Community)
Wichita’s medical community has played a major role in our success from the very beginning. The Avanti Associata is an organization of local and regional medical professionals who wish to take an active role in supporting Wichita Grand Opera. Membership dues are $1,000 per year and are tax-deductible as permitted by law.
For more information, contact our Development staff at (316) 683-3444.
Become an Usher
Starting with the 2018-19 season, the City of Wichita will be managing usher and front-of-house operations for all performing organizations in Century II. Please contact the City of Wichita for more information.
Participate as an Artist
Want to Participate as an Artist?
For more information about participating as an artist, contact our Artistic staff at (316) 683-3444.