We Invite You to Get Involved
Wichita Grand Opera encourages interested community members and prospective artists to get involved with our organization in the way that best suits each individual’s interests and abilities.
Volunteer Through the Opera Guild
“Each is necessary to make it stand...”“An opera company is like a three-legged stool. It rests upon three important foundations: its staff, its board of trustees, and its volunteers. Without any of the three it would fall down. Each is necessary to make it stand.”
The Opera Guild is a great way to become involved and help us with your time and skills. The Opera Guild was established in 2002 as an auxiliary organization of Wichita Grand Opera to provide support through volunteer efforts. Guild members have a wide variety of experiences from which to choose:
- Assisting in the administration offices.
- Assisting in the Box Office prior to performances.
- Assisting backstage in hospitality and wardrobe during performances.
- Welcoming guest artists to Wichita and providing transportation for them.
- Assisting with hospitality meals for the cast and production crew.
- Assisting with social events, soirees, and recitals.
- Helping with educational outreach performances.
- Planning special fundraising projects.
- Selling merchandise at Wichita Grand Opera performances.
- Serving as an officer on the Opera Guild Board of Directors.
- Benefits of Joining the Opera Guild
Our Opera Guild members enjoy benefits including:
- Opportunity to meet performing artists.
- Make friends with others who share your interests.
- Learn new skills.
- Annual Opera Guild Kick-Off Party
- Annual End of Season Appreciation Party
- Join the Opera Guild
- Complete the Volunteer Application.
- Pay your annual dues:
- Students: $15
- Individuals: $20
- Couples: $30
- Families: $50